PODCASTS & WEBINARS
Podcasts & Webinars:
AN OVERVIEW OF WHAT MEDICAL DEVICE DEVELOPERS NEED TO KNOW ABOUT HUMAN FACTORS: Jon Speer & Bryant Foster
The topic of human factors can be confusing: How does it relate to design factors and risk? Why is it included in the regulations and how can this factor be handled?
Bryant Foster, the Vice President of Research & Design at Research Collective, applies the principles of cognitive psychology to the design of new technologies and is a great resource on the topic.
SOME HIGHLIGHTS OF THIS EPISODE INCLUDE:
- What Bryant does as the VP of Research & Design at Research Collective and what his main focus is.
- The differences, overlaps, and intersections between human factors, design controls, project development, and research and development as these processes fit into the medical device industry.
- How companies should address the human factors standpoint.
- Common mistakes to avoid when considering the human factors.
- Human factors in usability and ergonomics as well as the difference between formative studies and validation.
- What a task analysis is and how that relates to the overall risk assessment.
- The importance of considering the various users of the product or device.
- What human factors has to do with post-market usability.
FREE ON-DEMAND WEBINAR
DEMYSTIFYING THE FDA’S HUMAN FACTORS GUIDANCE: Bryant Foster
We look forward to hearing from you! Please complete the form below and a Research Collective team member will get back with you shortly.
"*" indicates required fields